The beaches of the Mayan Riviera are some of the most beautiful in the world. When I first visited Tulum 10 years ago, it was just an up and coming yet “hip” spot that attracted experienced travellers from all over the world. It was quiet, people camped on the beach, as there were only a few boutique hotels. Now it is a international hot spot for all those seeking white sand, laid back vibes, but upscale bohemian lifestyle. Amansala Eco-Chic Resort Tulum encapsulates the spirit of beach life in Tulum. Peaceful atmosphere, minimal and comfortable rooms, open air commune spaces for yoga, working out, eating, pool hanging, dining, enjoying a bon fire or a mid day hammock hang, and more.
Whether you’re in Tulum for a Yoga Retreat, or you’re on a romantic getaway, looking to adventure along the Mayan Riviera, or simply seeking an authentic spot to unplug from the rest of the world, being welcomed at Amansala amidst the mangroves and palms along the ocean is the place for a genuine Tulum experience.
The Mayan Riviera and state of Yucatan, have some of the most beautiful natural attractions you do not want to miss out on seeing. If you’ve never been to the Mayan Riviera or perhaps have only stayed at a resort, I have a few Travel Tips!
- Rent a car. Even if it’s just for a few days, you’ll love the flexibility. Tulum is around 2 hours from the airport so save yourself the hassle of booking a ride and rent a car there for a couple days so you can go see all the attractions close by. If you don’t want to go far, I’d highly suggest renting bikes which are available all along the main tourist area on Tulum Beach.
- Go out to eat. The town of Tulum has a few authentic spots where you can grab cheap tasty tacos, and boy is it worth it! Check out travel sites like Tripadvisor for best reviewed restaurants. Our favs: La Barracuda (delicious traditional Mexican seafood resto. Try the coconut shrimp and seafood cocktails) and Kitchen Table (upscale farm to table resto. Try the tamarind margarita, the huitlacoche quesadilla, and ahi tuna). Ziggy’s Beach Club also has great food, music, and beach lounge area. Not gonna lie, one of our favourite taco places was a fast food taco place beside a gas station in Puerto Aventuras.
- Experience Cenotes! They are sooo beautiful and literally everywhere! These underwater fresh rivers are like secret paradises! Some are more like caves, others like rivers, others like big pools in the middle of the jungle. Tops ones to see Dos Ojos, Gran Cenote, but would highly recommend going to the less touristy ones as well. There are also beautiful lakes near by. Kaan Luum is beautiful and peaceful.
- See a show. While there are so many entertainment options from clubs and live music along Cancun to Tulum, I recommend going into Playa del Carmen for the day and going out dancing or to a show at a club, or Xcaret.
- Have options, but don’t make plans. Research before hand places you’d like to visit but make your trip spontaneous and go with your gut. You’re in paradise, and the simple pleasures are all that you need for an amazing experience.
Photography by Pantel Photo
Location Amansala Eco-Chic Resort